Tony's Train Exchange Forum Index

Specials, Sale Items, Bargains!
Subscribe to Tony's eTips Newsletter!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

QSI's Latest Announcement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tony's Train Exchange Forum Index -> Tony's Train Exchange
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pturvill
Model Railroad Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: QSI's Latest Announcement Reply with quote

Supposedly QSI is "now shipping" their new "Emulators" to OEMs "and to the aftermarket" (see comments on QSI's Yahoo! Group). However, no one who is supposed to be "in the know" has given any substantive information on this new product line that is supposedly "not a decoder" yet is touted to be compatible with the current Titan line. When is a high-end sound decoder "not a decoder"?

If it's really going to "change model railroading forever," wouldn't it be a good idea to inform the market with at least a list of features?

QSI is now disclaiming its relationship with QSI Solutions, even though its own Web site has been in stasis since last April.

Does anyone really know what's going on with QSI?

AT&GRR (HO)
Digitrax/CTI/RR-CirKits
Train Controller 8.0 Gold C1
pturvill
Model Railroad Guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<<Bump>>

So the original "promise" of 60 days has now reached 120 days and counting. Will we see "emulators" before the new year?

(posting here as I was banned from the QSI Group on Yahoo in July for "suggesting" that the 60-day promise might be marketing BS -- looks like I and others were correct after all. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad )

AT&GRR (HO)
Digitrax/CTI/RR-CirKits
stonjohn4
L1: Learner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been told the decoder is due soon. I am hoping that when it is a sure thing that I can pre-order or wait list etc.. I fear that their may be a large demand for product due to the long wait!
pturvill
Model Railroad Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "new decoder" is just the Titan, but with new firmware. The hardware has been available for a number of months, but the Q3 files are still mostly vaporware. You will need get yourself a QSI Programmer in order to install the new files if and when they ever become available. As of today--six months after the original big splash--they have released ONE single "Emulator" sound file. Big deal.

And if you're into steam, I'm betting you might want to forget QSI and look elsewhere.

AT&GRR (HO)
Digitrax/CTI/RR-CirKits
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tony's Train Exchange Forum Index -> Tony's Train Exchange All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: