Tony's Train Exchange Forum Index

Specials, Sale Items, Bargains!
Subscribe to Tony's eTips Newsletter!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Welcome, Please Introduce Yourself
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tony's Train Exchange Forum Index -> Train Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alexczarn
L1: Learner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

G'day All'; I'm Alex and I live "down under" in South Australia. I have a 2x12 HO Scale Shelf layout along one wall of my bedroom loosely based on UP/SP merger to present. I use the NCE Powercab(I've had it for about a year) and I am very pleased to find out today Tony's ships to Australia.
palmieririch

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:00 pm    Post subject: Intro Reply with quote

Hi my name is Rich ...I am 65 years old and have been involved in the hobby since I was in grade school. I grew up near PRR and NYC and so they have become my favorite protoypes. I currently reside in TN where I am part of a group that models the NC & StL . While not familiar with this RR, I have learned a great deal and recently ventured out to see many of the locations we model. I am working on a freelance HO RR in a large basement ( 53x32) where I am still refining plans and anxious to move forward. I'll look forward to the interaction with other modelers through this form
Mark9253

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:50 pm    Post subject: Intro Reply with quote

My name is Mark and I live in SE PA. I am 58 and have been modeling since I was in high school on and off. Have started several layouts, but never finished because of time and moving alot. I have gotten re- engauged (LOL) since buying a NCE DCC system. I know have several engines with DCC and DCC + Sound.

One of my problems is settling on a gauge to model. I have N, HO, ON30, O27, and G.

I list myself as a learner based on my electircal abilities.

Drop me a line sometime and let's start chatting.

I am also looking for local model RR's in the SE PA Norther Delaware area.
gremlinsaplenty

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi , all, 51 year old HO railroader here. Just joined TT forum today. I dabble in other gauges, from Z to G ( including TT Smile ), but my main collection and operating gauge is HO. I like eclectic consists, I have AHM Helium cars, airplanes on flats, I'm working on converting Nabisco boxcars to AMC automobile boxcars with model logos. I have a whole bucket list of HO projects I'd like to do, with some started, some just ideas. My home "layout" consists of a 4x4 foot board with a test loop on it, over a stairwell. I have a corkboard N gauge test track started, and a Z gauge keyboard desk drawer loop started, too. Just gonna hang out here from time to time, and ask questions, and maybe answer a few ( if it involves Tyco trains or other non-mainstream items ). All for now,

Jerry Casper
Woodbridge, VA, USA ( 20 miles from Barack Obama )
meljaybogle

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:07 pm    Post subject: MRC Prodigy Advance DCC unit Reply with quote

I have just started to set up a HO set using a new MRC Prodigy Advance unit. I want to know what "SVDA" in my screen of my cab unit means?
pturvill
Model Railroad Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Re: MRC Prodigy Advance DCC unit Reply with quote

meljaybogle wrote:
I have just started to set up a HO set using a new MRC Prodigy Advance unit. I want to know what "SVDA" in my screen of my cab unit means?

The SVDA code indicates that your MRC system has detected a short circuit. It may be an intermittent one, but nonetheless, it's a good idea to track it down and fix the situation.

This often occurs after a changeover from DC to DCC, since DCC systems are much more sensitive to intermittent shorts than old DC systems. Watch carefully to see when it occurs (as, perhaps, when a loco crosses a particular turnout) and check the track components in that area.

AT&GRR (HO)
Digitrax/CTI/RR-CirKits
Train Controller 8.0 Gold C1
dhackett

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: intro Reply with quote

Hi. My name is Dan Hackett. I'm 53 years old and live in Houston, TX. I've been an HO modeller since getting my first Christmas train set at 7 years old. I've been out of the hobby for several years due to a detour of 10 years in Singapore then getting married and having a child. However, her interest in Thomas the Tank Engine renewed my interest and we have started a small layout. I've gotten but not yet used a DCC equipped Thomas and Percy engine and an MRC Prodigy Advanced Wireless DCC system. I also am in the planning stages of a more realistic HO layout based on 1970's Southern Pacific running from Houston northwest to Hearne, TX.
RVFarms

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all......Just joined and a true rookie at the hooby. I am building my first layout in Ho and just starting to understand DCC. I will probaby have some dumb questions so bare with me. I live in Ketchum, Idaho and recently retired. Spend my days enjoying all the activities that mountian life provides and any bad weather days I spend learning about train modeling and working on my layout. I learned about this forum from IMRRO Craig Hall videos which I have found very helpful.

Marty
Ezrails

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings, I am Ric (ezrails) in Dayton Ohio. I am retired and model a freelanced railroad in Northeastern Colorado, the Colorado Central. I am rebuilding my layout using DCC.
pascaff
L2: Beginner

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Greetings Reply with quote

Hi all, just want to introduce myself. I live about 30 miles esat of Reno NV. I have been involved with model trains since I got my first Lionel set for Christmas in 1954. Traded all my Lionel stuff in for HO as a teen in 1962. Several things took me away from the hobby but I have been modeling in HO as an adult since 1980. Got hooked on DCC in the mid 90's with a Digitrax Big Boy set and never looked back. Redesigned my layout once since then and dismanteled it and did armchair modeling for the past few years. Just started on a new layout, so I will keep you posted.
Paul
R C Parsons

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and good morning. My name is Bob Parsons, I'm 65 and live in Indianapolis, Indiana. I have been a professional photographer for many years and am still working. As many of us did, I suppose, I had trains as a youngster but they were soon left behind to make way for other pursuits (like girls and cars).
I am a disabled Vietnam veteran, and was in Vietnam in 1966-67-68, which I mention only because it was in Vietnam that I once again became interested in trains as the South Vietnamese operated a narrow guage steam railroad right past our base camp. The locomotives were tiny, the whistles sounded like tea kettles and they had to rebuild blown up track and bridges constantly but they were an intrepid group of railroaders and they kept the line running. As I understand it, the railroad had been built years before by the French. Later, when I was stationed in Berlin I also witnessed other steam power, this operated by the East German railroads.
A number of years ago I built a large HO layout that reached about the 80% completion stage but I was widowed and was forced to sell the house after dismantling the layout. I was out of the hobby for about 15 years and took up other hobbies, but frankly but I missed model railroading and the folks in it. I remarried in 2005 but our present home had no room for a traditional layout.
About 2 years ago, though, I was introduced to N scale modular railroading (NTrak) and negotiated some right of way, (a small corner of the garage) in which to build a module of my own. I joined the local NTrak club , CINTRAK (Central Indiana NTrak) and in October of 2010 started my module which is a New England harbor themed scene set in 1956.
Although my modeling pales compared to their's I always have been a great fan of George Sellios, Rod Stewart and of course John Allen and was influenced by their urban/harbor scenery.
My module is 48"X32" and in addition to the 3 NTrak mainlines it has a large harbor, bascule liftbridge and a fully functional switching area with 9 Peco turnouts and sidings around the harbor and it's various industries. This switching area, while joined to the blue NTrak main by a single turnout, can be electrically isolated for independent operation at shows and has it's own DCC power source as well as 2 programming/test tracks on the rear of the module. This also enable me to operate the module as a stand alone switching layout when not joined to other modules. I'm still attempting to learn DCC, and I find it quite challenging, but the operational potential is so much better than the old DC/ block toggle switch system I used on my old layout it is worth the effort..
I have installed a lot of lighting and special effects signs (Miller and Baktronics) as well as an under module ambient sound system. My rolling stock consists of mostly period correct diesels but I also have 14 steam locomotives, some with sound, and I am actually gradually "un-dieselizing". My module was in N Scale magazine in December 2011 and January 2012 but it has been upgraded drastically since then with more craftsman type structures, a new molded DPM building front backdrop and more lighting and special effects. I plan to be at the NMRA National Convention/Train Show in Grand Rapids, Michigan this coming July/August and if you are there please drop by to say hello. Anyway...thanks for bearing with me..I look forward to hearing from other modelers...and it's great to be back in the hobby!!
peter5012

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone!
I'm Peter Suter, living in switzerland,- retired from job as hydoelectric power plant-manager.
Building Z-Bend-Modules in Z-scale, using DCC, Digitrax and RailRoad-Traincontroller.
Peter

Z Märklin
Wintrack 10.0.11
RailRoad TC 7.0 F7c Gold
Digitrax DCS100 / Loconet II USB
Member VSDM
oldmanflyer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: Newbee Reply with quote

Hi Everybody,

I'm new to this forum and to HO trains. Planing a 7' x 15' layout in DCC, I will have lots of questions later. Smile

Robert
leonmondelli

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:46 am    Post subject: new to DCC Reply with quote

Hi;

My name is Leon
I'm 69 years old and retired.
I've been a model railroader since I was 7 years old.
I recently got interested in DCC so I have a lot of questions.

Leon
Nate

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
My name is Nate Brown. I reside in Jacksonville, Fl and retired from the Navy in 1996 after a 30 year career.
I'm a home model railroad basically at a level just past the beginning stage.
I'm in the process of rebuliding my railroad and up grading it to DCC.
Glad to have a place to ask and recieve answers to questions I will have.
Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tony's Train Exchange Forum Index -> Train Talk All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: