Tony's Train Exchange Forum Index

Specials, Sale Items, Bargains!
Subscribe to Tony's eTips Newsletter!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Welcome, Please Introduce Yourself
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tony's Train Exchange Forum Index -> Train Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Toot Toot
L3: Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, I go by the name of Lee, out of Arkansas. I do a little bit of HO scale. I have been involved in the hobby over 30+ years. I have a taste for the factory installed DCC/QSI Locomotives, Kato track and basic kits to save on Rolling stock along with some RTR.

I find that the hobby is entering a time of challenge and change and have responded by choosing only what works very well such as Kadee 148 couplers for example. Tony's has been a good Online Retailer and has satisfactorly completed several transactions with good attention to packing and shipping in particular.

I say that playing with trains keeps one out of trouble and out of the hospital. Cheers!
AntNJTrainset
L2: Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opps, shoulda done this last week when I registered!

My names Anthony I am 22 years old from the Jersey shore. Soon to be in locomotive engineer training with NJ Transit, my lifelong dream. Since I was a child I was always interested in model railroading although in my high school years I kind of put all the train stuff on the back burner. The past year and a half now I have been picking back up on things and I went straight into DCC. Bought some new models, a dcc system and sold all the old toy trains on ebay. Im ready to rock and roll in the real model world.

My main focus is doing commuter trains used by NJ Transit. But I do own some freight stuff for conrail, which is what I saw growing up. I am very interested in the operations end of model trains, either dispatching, switching, or running road trains. DCC really plays in my favor for these kinds of things with todays computer control and features.

Well I hope to learn alot here. Tony's site alone has been very usefull in helping with the DCC projects at my model RR club. See you all around!
bpate
L1: Learner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, I'm Barry and live in Melbourne Australia. My daughter and I are slowly building an Australian themed On30 logging layout. I use a Lenz Set 100 obtained from Tony and have only just installed the first of two PSRev and a PS One powershield. I'm pleased to say both where extremely easy to install and worked first time. The second PSRev will go in as soon as the second reverse loop is wired up. I'm hand laying the track so it takes a little longer but is actually quite enjoyable to do.

Nice to meet you all,

Cheers
locgg

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:58 pm    Post subject: New To List Reply with quote

Hello List

I am a retired Santa Fe conductor living in Central Texas.
I love everything connected to the old Santa Fe.
Model 50-60's era 100 class,200 class F-units and zebra striped geeps.
Small 12x16 around the walls layout. Digitrax.
Santa Fe Society,NMRA and LSR.
pturvill
Model Railroad Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:45 pm    Post subject: Re: New To List Reply with quote

locgg wrote:
I am a retired Santa Fe conductor living in Central Texas.

Do you have a name? It's kind of nice to know who one's communicating with. Smile Smile

AT&GRR (HO)
Digitrax/CTI/RR-CirKits
Train Controller 8.0 Gold D1
muvinup

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:15 pm    Post subject: introduction Reply with quote

Hi everyone, my name is Jram. I live in Ga. My hobbies are ho model railroading. Building 1-24 1-25 scale model kits. Woodworking. I have a small ho layout in the building and construction stage. Just working on the railroad.
jay.theroundhouse

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all ... My name is Jay

I live in Washington. I am modelling with my friend a layout has the midwest linking to the west coast. I am modeling Rock Island and Soo Line while my friend is modeling McCloud River, Union Pacific and BNSF. A the two of us are beginners in this hobby and feeling our head hurt sometimes with as much as we are learning, we felt a need to develop a website to document this. Thanks and I look forward to only learning more along the rails.
Rudiger

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:13 pm    Post subject: Rudiger Reply with quote

Hello all… my name is Rudiger,
I live in Southern Maryland, Hollywood. My Hobbies are my Grandkids -3-year boy, 4-year Girl-, my Work as an Importer for a German product (Eddy Current Brake) and HO modeling. Beside that, I love to cook and travel. I am in the process - planning to build a tabletop 11’X12’ freelance, only Diesel.

The tabletop was canceled; it took to much room out of my home office. The Real estate / planning and Zoning management (wife) o.k. ‘around” the room track work

Rudiger

Last edited by Rudiger on Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
steamlocoprr

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everybody
My name is Jeff Dove I live in Havre de Grace MD.
I am a HO scale modeler that likes steam PRR, N&W, RDG, B&O, W.M. are railroads I like mainly PRR I belong to the modular club FCSME By the way we are featured in this months RMC mag.

I would be modeling the CV branch of the PRR if I ever get started on a Layout and stop building/ collecting engines its becoming a hobby in its self
thats all for now Jeff D.
Marauderer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:06 am    Post subject: Hello Reply with quote

Hello List, My name is Barry Reade I am 62 yrs young and I live in Powder Springs, Ga, USA. I subcribe to the theory that "He who dies with the most toys wins". I have been playing with G scale railroading since 1996. I am going with DCC on my outside layout and have found that there are not to many G scalers doing this. I have talked with Collen at Tonys and will be going with the NCE 10 amp wireless system. My other interests in life are the shooting sports, diesel automobiles, Motorcycle touring and camping, motorcycle dragbikes, cooking, and anything else I can get into. I am currently semi retired after spending 30 yrs in the US Navy and 15 yrs in the Chiropractic field. I will probably ask some rather elementary questions to most of you but, there isn't to much in the G scale world for DCC. I am a member of the Georgia Garden Railway Society and we only have one member that has his layout with DCC

Learning DCC one tron at a time
Allan I

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone.
My name is Allan and I live in the San Diego area of southern California. I am a retired US Navy Chief Lithographer with 23 years of active duty, 14 years on ships. Retired pay isn't enough to live in SoCal so I hired on at San Diego Trolley as a Train Operator almost 9 years ago. If you're in San Diego, you can't miss the bright red Light Rail Vehicles. Come see us!

I am currently building an 8 foot by 12 foot (modified Ian Rice design) freelanced layout based on freight operating practices I see daily in my Trolley travels.

I joined this forum to get tips on building it right the first time using DCC.
wnanney

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for eventually allowing me to participate in the forum. I got none of the math questions correct while trying to register so maybe I should not be here.

But, here I am as I was able to count stripes in colors. Very Happy

My name is Bill, I live in Phoenix, Arizona Cool and look forward to learning many things as a member of the forum.

I model in HO scale and run BNSF, Santa FE and UP primarily in modern day equipment. I do have other models of earlier times simply because I love the F units that pulled old passenger trains across the country.

Hobbies are - TRAINS - DUH - I also like golf, water sports/diving and most of all the grand kids!!! Mr. Green
big_ugly_waz

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

G'day,
I'm Warren from Oz, 39 years old and over the last twelve months have jumped back into model rail after being MIA for the last 20 years.
When I say jumped back in, I really mean it. Over the last twelve months I've accumulated between 40 to fifty locos ( Steam & Diesel ) and around 200 pieces of rollingstock !
Biggest drawback to this is, till I get the time to build my dream layout in the double garage I have, I'm running everything on a 6 x 4 loop in the computer room !
It gets VERY crowded !!
It's going to be a kind of generic layout when built as it has to accommidate N&W Ys & Js , UP & SP steam through to modern diesels, BNSF & when I feel like it be able to transition to running NSWGR ( That's New South Wales Government Railways, Australia ) Steam and transition Diesels !
Could be a bit of a tall order, to say the least !
Anyway, Good luck to all, Happy Modeling and Cheers
Warren
de.rail

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:42 pm    Post subject: New Member from NW Florida Reply with quote

Hi, All. I'm Bill Blinn.

Grew up in Bangor, ME, and never left the state except for a two-night stay in Danvers MA during my senior year in HS. Six weeks after graduation I joined the AF and have never moved back to Maine.

I spent 26 years in the AF, mostly as a flight simulator technician, then 17 years working as a civil service simulator program manager for the Department of the Air Force.

Got interested in trains from a friend's Lionel set when I was about seven, but never had room to set anything up with three sisters filling all the available rooms. Spent a lot of time in the local hobby shop, and even was left in charge of it for a couple days at at time while the owner went to shows.

Collected a lot of N scale stuff over the years - got pulled in by the Aurora Postage Stamp Trains of the '60s. I am starting a 10' X 14' N Scale around the walls layout in a spare bedroom. Have built a 3' X 10' NTrak module which I have shown from Orlando to Biloxi to Richmond, and several times in Raleigh. Most of the time, we show in Dothan and Atmore, AL, and Pensacola and Milton, FL every time we get the chance. Our starting group of six has dwindled down to 2 as the AF moved three of the guys away and one married and had a child who unfortunately has health problems requiring most of his dad's time. I wish them well.

We are looking for more N Scalers in the Eglin AFB area! Please contact us if you can participate.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mudhen464

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, forum members,

My name is Paul and I'm a retired corporate pilot. I've been interested in trains for 60 years. Most of my modeling has been in HO (Southern Pacific) but I've gotten interested in 2-rail O scale (SP steam) and On3 (D&RGW). My space is limited so it's impracticable for me to build an O scale layout but believe I can rebuild my existing HO layout to fit On3. I enjoy the greater detail of the larger scales.

I've watched DCC for many years and am finally ready to make the plunge. My first MMI On3 locomotive will arrive in two weeks with a Tsunami decoder. I've lurked on the NCE Yahoo group for months to get information and troubleshooting tips. I'm planning to purchase a Power Pro-R in January and getting started on rebuilding my layout. I hope Tony will have the "new production" NCE units by then with the improved hardware/software for improved radio operation.

Besides building the layout for my own enjoyment, my grandson is really nuts over trains and will get lots of operational time with grandpa. Model railroading is a great hobby one can enjoy all your life. I hope to pass it on to my grandson and future grandsons.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tony's Train Exchange Forum Index -> Train Talk All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10

Jump to: