RRampMeter by DCC Specialties
Now You Can Easily Measure DCC, AC and DC Volts/Amps!
Pictures are available
RRampMeter Application Notes
(PDF - ext. link)
Don Fiehmann's Application Notes
Combined document - RR Updated App Notes and Don's App Notes
The amazing RRampMeter designed for Model Railroaders
by DCC Specialties does what no other meter can do!
Easy walk-around measurements of layout voltage drops,
accurate booster output setup to optimum voltages for decoders and
- The only inexpensive device that accurately measures
- Also measures AC and DC Volts/Amps.
- Costs less than DVMs that cannot measure DCC. Ver I, II, & III rated at 10 Amps and Ver IV rated at 20 Amps.
- Measures true RMS Volts/Amps, +/- 2%.
- Suitable for all scales.
- No batteries required.
- Designed for Left/Right-hand use.
- PCB length 5.63"; Enclosure length 4",
width 2", height 1.25"
- 3 Styles Available:
- Version I RRampMeter Circuit Module without enclosure
- Version II RRampMeter with Enclosure and Clip Leads
- Version III RRampmeter Same as II. with Battery backup
for measurements below 7 Volts
- Version IV RRampmeterHP
Same as III but for large Scale high voltage and current
DCC: 38.6 v and 18-20 Amps
AC: 27.6 v and 18-20 Amps
DC: 38.6 v and 18-20 Amps
Watch this cool RRampMeter video courtesy of RealityReduced.com.
"I have found it a valuable tool for troubleshooting layout and engine problems. If it only saves 1 sound decoder or booster, it has paid for itself."
Fig. 1 - Panel Mount
Fig. 2 - Direct Contact Voltmeter
shown without enclosure.
Fig. 3 - Current Meter
- Adjustable contacts permit direct track voltage
measurements for all scales.
- Test or Clip Leads (Fig. 3) can also be used
for other applications.
- Test Leads or Layout Wiring can be conveniently
connected to the rear screw/socket terminals (not shown).
- Designed as a portable troubleshooting tool or
as a panel-mount meter (Fig. 1).
comments or suggestions from readers; please write