June 16, 2009
Digitrax Finally Releases Duplex Radio Throttles
Discuss This Article
DIGITRAX DUPLEX RADIO THROTTLE - FINALLY!
Good things come to those who wait! After years of speculation, Digitrax
has released their Duplex radio and receiver. They are scheduled to
start shipping on June 22, 2009.
NEW DT402 SERIES (Replaces DT400 Series) THROTTLE FEATURES:
- Supports 29 functions: F0-F28 (Note that F0 is actually two
functions F0Forward and F0Reverse)
- Convenient Step By Step Throttle Option Set Up
- Makes it simple to customize DT402 series throttles using
throttle option set up
- Throttle instructions are much less cryptic and easier to
- Tethered operation is supported by the DT402
- All DT402 series throttles are Infra-Ready and will work with UR90 IR receivers and the IR receivers in the UR91 & UR92 also.
- Simplex Radio continues to be supported by the DT402R/UR91 combination.
- Duplex Radio is supported by the DT402D/UR92 combination
- There is a small price increase on the new products due to increased manufacturing costs.
DIGITRAX DUPLEX RADIO COMPONENTS AND FEATURES:
- DT402D is the Duplex Radio version of the DT402 throttle.
- UR92 is the Duplex Radio Transceiver. It sends AND receives
information to and from the layout and the DT402D throttles respectively. It also includes support for sending InfraRed signals to
the layout as well. Simplex Radio communication is NOT supported in the
UR92 but will run on any LocoNet layout at the same time as Duplex Radio.
- UR92 is a fully-compatible LocoNet device which means all three
technologies (Infrared, Simplex Radio and Duplex Radio) will work at the
same time on your LocoNet system:
- Simplex Radio using UR91 and DT402R, DT400R, UT4R and other throttles with part numbers ending in R can be run on the same LocoNet as Duplex equipment
- InfraRed operation with UR90 IR receivers can also be run on
the same LocoNet as Duplex equipment.
- Duplex Radio operates in the 2.4 Ghz band.
- Supports dozens of duplex throttles at the same time.
- One UR92 will provide adequate coverage for most layouts.
- Duplex Radio range is approximately a 300 ft diameter circle
- The Group Name feature allows multiple layouts to operate independently in close proximity to each other, such as at a train show.
- Duplex Radio allows
- Locomotive selection and operation without the need to plug in to LocoNet
- All programming modes can be used without plugging in
- Duplex link to/from the layout
- Use of existing LocoNet devices without modification, simply plug in UR92 and start using DT402D throttles.
DT402 Digitrax LocoNet Super Throttle $185.00 msrp
DT402R Digitrax LocoNet Super Throttle Simplex Radio (works with UR91)
DT402D Digitrax LocoNet Super Throttle Duplex Radio (works with UR92)
UR91 Digitrax LocoNet Simplex Radio/IR Receiver 149.99 msrp
UR92 Digitrax LocoNet Duplex Transceiver $160.00 msrp
DT400 to DT402D COVERSIONS:
- Customers will be offered a conversion program for existing DT400s beginning in September 2009. Customers are asked to hold on to
their existing throttles until September. Throttles received from
customers for conversion before September will not be processed until then.
THROTTLES ARE NOT FIELD CONVERTIBLE. DIGITRAX WILL HANDLE ALL CONVERSIONS AT THEIR FACTORY.
Additional details of the end user conversion program will
be announced on the Digitrax website as soon as they are available.